- アート 体験
- Great Fun for Babies and Grown-Ups! Enjoy Traditional Crafts, a Café, and Shopping at the Sanuki Toy Museum in Takamatsu!
- Close in on the attractions of Yashimāru, a new symbol of Yashima!
- グルメ アート
- Discover ten local souvenirs from Takamatsu, Kagawa, covering everything from sweets and food gifts to crafts and sundries, that we highly recommend!
- Recommended for families with children on both sunny and rainy days! Parks/play areas for children in Takamatsu, Kagawa
- Taste Exquisite Grilled Oysters, Straight from the Sea
- 文化・伝統 散策 体験 グルメ
- The New Year's food of Kagawa dates back to the Edo period. Anmochizoni contains the dreams of the common people.
List of the most popular sightseeing spots
Yashima Mountain Top
Yashima, a roof-shaped lava plateau, is also famous as a battlefield of the Genpei Battle. The view of Takamatsu City and the calm Seto Inland Sea dotted with beautiful small islands from the top of this mountain is a must-see. There are many more sights to see, Such as Yashimaji Temple, which is the 84th temple of the Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage, the New Yashima Aquarium, which is a rare sight in the world because it is constructed on top of a mountain.
Ritsurin Garden, Special Place of Scenic Beauty
The largest of the traditional Japanese gardens among those designated as a prestigious Special Place of Scenic Beauty. The garden was created by generations of the Lords of Takamatsu Matsudaira and the ponds and miniature hills are so beautifully and artfully laid out that each step reveals a new view.
Sanuki Kodomo-no-Kuni Children's Park
Michi-no-Eki Genpei-no-Sato Mure Roadside Station
The Michi-no-Eki is located in Mure-cho, one of the battlefields of the Genpei Battle. The most popular item on the menu of Kaisen Shokudo Jakoya, the seafood restaurant in the Michi-no-Eki building, is the hamachi rice bowl, which contains a generous portion of sliced Japanese amberjack marinated in a special sauce. The Michi-no-Eki also includes the Genpei vegetable market and a store selling local products.
Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage 85th Sacred Spot, Yakuriji Temple
A temple constructed by Kobo Daishi in 829 on the side of Mt. Goken. O-shoden-sama, a deity of success in business and good matchmaking is enshrined in the temple. Visitors can take the nostalgic funicular to the temple. O-shoden-sama is enshrined in the Shodendo hall next to the main hall. It is familiarly known as O-shoden-sama of Yakuri.
Journeys of Discovery
Let's share the memories of your travel in Takamatsu via #upTAK !